Stainless Steel has higher resistant point compared to ordinary carbon or alloy steels, but in some circumstances it can still corrode. In normal atmospheric or water-based environments, stainless steel will not corrode.
The two common grade that are used by Cheong SS are the following:
- Grade SUS 304 ( Common Food Grade)
- Grade SUS 316 (Marine Grade)
- Bright Annealed (BA): it has a mirror like finish but may have some cloudiness and other imperfections. It is often specified for applications where a highly reflective surface is desired.
- Brushed (4B): 4B finish is distinguished by a slightly frosted appearance and a very smooth surface. It is primary and commonly used application in the medical and food industry.
- Hair Line(HL): Seemingly endless polishing lines applied with Scotch Brite give the hairline, long-grain, or fine-line finish its unique appearance and make it more reflective than a 4B finish. Commonly used for design purpose or with special request made.
- Non-Directional: Vibration grinding creates a uniform, non-directional grinding pattern on the stainless steel surface with its interesting refraction of light. Commonly used for design purpose or with special request made.
- Mirror: A very reflective finish achieved by pre-grinding and then finally bright buffing. It is used for decorative surfaces and food conveyors where a particularly smooth finish is required.
- Regular Cleaning
- Wash the surface using water containing soap or mild detergent.
- Always rinse the surface with clean water and clean dry it with soft cloth.
- Thorough cleaning can be obtained by polishing with stainless steel polishing agent & a soft cloth.
- Things to Avoid
- Do not cut directly onto stainless steel worktops.
- Do not place hot pans etc, directly onto the stainless steel work surface.
- Do not use course abrasive materials such as harsh scouring pads, wire wool etc, which can scratch the stainless steel surface. In addition, metal particles left on the surface can quickly turn to rust and leave rust stains on the surface.
- Do not leave any chemical substance unclean overtime on the stainless steel surface as it can lead to pitting. (Example: Common bleaches, toilet cleaner, disinfectant& chlorine etc.)
- (12) Months Local Warranty on Welding Joint Defects on all Custom Made Stainless Steel Products.
(12) Months Local Warranty on Defective Material & Manufacturing defaults inclusive parts & services from date of Delivery Order on all Kitchen Equipment (Unless further stated)
- Standard individual fabrication items: It would take 5 to 7* Working day upon confirmation of dimension/drawings. Unless specifically stated beforehand.
- Complete kitchen: It would take 10 to 14* Working day upon confirmation of dimension/drawings. Unless specifically stated beforehand.
(Please Note: All lead-time is still dependent on current order schedule or specifically stated in the quotation.)